Monday, December 1, 2008

Some stuff....

Where has the time gone?

I was informed by Jen that I needed to update my blog...and she's right, I do!

I've done a bunch of stuff since I last posted but I've misplaced my memory! OK not really but you have to understand that since I only update this at work I don't have the capability to give my full attention...so here's my best!

I conquered the Hiawatha Trail again this year. Only this time we waited until the very last weekend to do so.



We drove my friend's clunky old Dodge van (with no working heater) to the bottom of the trail. This turned out to be quite an adventure in itself since we had never driven this route before and it took waaaaaay longer to get there than it should have (in my mind). But the drive was gorgeous! Bright yellow and red trees nestled right in the pines lining small creeks and streams.

My company on this adventure consisted of an old friend, Chaser (Allison), who is currently the assistant EWU women's basketball coach which means EVERYTHING is met with excitment and encouragement (ie: this is AWESOME!!!) and Cheryl, my mentor and 60 something year old buddy who sometimes forgets she's 60 something (which is really AWESOME!!!).




Fun notes: *Cheryl fell within the first 10 feet. She wasn't quite familiar with how stirrups work.



*Cheryl also fell in one of the tunnels...apparently her equilibrium goes haywire in dark places. BUT IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I EVER HEARD! We couldn't see her but we sure heard her bite it!

*Cheryl decided halfway up that she was done with the incline and she'd take a nap where she was and we'd meet her on the way back.

*While in the mile-long tunnel, a storm decided to roll in. By the time we made it out the other end, it was a straight downpour!

*On the venture back down the trail (in the downpour) Chase and I shouted songs like "Livin' on a Prayer" and "You Can't Touch This"...the rain sucked but the humor of it all made us through.

*Cheryl did not wait for us where we left her (smart lady).
We got back to the van soaked and frozen, only to suffer a 2 hour journey back home soaked and frozen in the van with no heater. WE ARE FREAKIN' ROCK STARS!
So I'll be leaving the office in 20 minutes and I should probably work a few of those...so this is it until next time!

5 comments:

Trish said...

Way to go woman! You are a freakin' biking MACHINE!! I was SO happy to see you at FF the other day :) I have missed you and hope to see more of you soon! XOXO

Steve said...

Sounds like a great ride. That is definitely something I want to try and do more often. I would probably plan for a heater though:)

jessithompson said...

Thanks for the update, girl. Way to go! Hope we get to see you soon. Skating on Friday?

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a blast! I loved all of your funny moments. Hysterical!

M-Dot said...

You are so fun to read about the adventures you bring. Sounds like fun. Glad to see you updated. Now that winters here maybe we'll get a few more updates? ;)

Michelle