Thursday, December 11, 2008

FOR THE LOVE....

OF RUNNING!

Roger needs to know he shouldn't videotape me running. I look like I'm on drugs.

Seriously. I never, ever, ever thought I'd ever say that I enjoyed running. I played volleyball and softball and was a cheerleader in high school all (in some part) because I hated running and those (aside from golf) were the best chances I had to avoid running and still be involved in something!

And how did this happen? Two women asked me if I'd like to try my first Triathlon 3 1/2 years ago.

Cheryl and Kathi...and my nearly 200 lb self with a white cap. If you didn't already know, I felt like a huge inflammed pimple...red with a whitehead. ick.

ValleyGirl 2005 was my first Tri ever. I had never done an open water swim, I had never ran 3+ consecutive miles (and I could only pull a 12 min. mile at best), and who the hell decides to ride their mountain bike 12+ miles when they've never gone more than 3? I thought I was fit "enough" to pull through it unscathed...ha...if I only knew then what I know now!

Now, I am surrounded by a great team that gives great opportunities for improvement and encourages me in every step of the way. I love it!


Turkey Trot 2008. I remember last year Steve gave me the compliment of keeping a good pace. Little did he know I was dying! This year? No near death experiences!

I think it's safe to say we're a really good-looking bunch!
A few of us with Kevin Longmeier in the middle. What a great day! Thanks, everyone!

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

You are a rockstar! I'm so glad to have gotten to know you better through the team. I always love your positive attitude and go-get-em spirit. You're always a joy to be around and I'm always excited to see you! XOXO

M-Dot said...

You are soo awesome. We just keep saying it. We understand about the pimple feel etc.. ;)
You look so happy at that run we thought it was a cute picture of you.
Who knew you didn't like running couldn't tell. You are a BIke Maniac Though!
Keep up the good fight!!

M & J

Ali Ty Stitt said...

you look ridiculous in that picture... look at me! We need to talk about posting pictures of each other that don't look good! LOL :)

Trish said...

You are doing AWESOME friend! I love that you have come so far in your training, athletic ablility, and that gorgeous body of yours! You are a ray of sunshine, as far as I am concerned, and you offer your teammates amazing support too! Love you friend!