Thursday, July 3, 2008

Seattle to Portland 2008




11 Things on my mind about the 2008 STP

1. 204 miles. Period.

2. Something called the infamous “Blaze of Glory” within the first ‘few’ miles. What the crap does that mean?

3. Another thing lovingly called “THE HILL” at mile 43. They say it’s a rite of passage… I’m sure we’ll have a different name for it by the time we’re through.

4. “No voluntary stopping on the Lewis & Clark bridge permitted”. Um, voluntary stopping??

5. Predicting no new va-jay-jays are sold on the route.

6. Will I greet the 2nd day with the same optimism as the first? (Tiff, Trish and Jen, I’ll need you to ride on my shoulders for this one!)
7. I hope it doesn't rain!

8. “Go SLOW over the expansion joints”. “You may encounter crosswinds and heavy traffic”. (I thought this was family friendly? Sounds more like a bad carnival ride)

9. Shy bladder + porta potties = no fun for Sheena!


10. At the end of day one, I can officially say “By this time tomorrow, I’ll be done!” (Something I gratefully learned from Tiff)

11. I will have great company for this trip! There will be many stories, many giggles and MILES OF MEMORIES!!

6 comments:

Trish said...

I am excited for you girl! I am beyond impressed that you are going to ride your bike 204 miles! Are you freakin' kidding me!?! You are ready and you will totally rock this ride :) What an experience woman. You will never regret doing the STP 2008 ;)

Enjoy every second and know that I will be sending you enthusiastic thoughts! You can do it friend!! Kick some major bootay!! Can't wait to hear all about it. XOXO

Tiffany said...

#10 is the best by far! :)

I'm so stoked for you that you are doing this! It will be such a huge accomplishment and I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!

Do you want me to have some freak outs at home for you so that you don't have to? ;)

Ali Ty Stitt said...

you're going to do Awesome! Good Luck... all that hard work is ready to be paid off... along with many laughters and memories!
I'll pray for you and the porta potties! LOL Loves

M-Dot said...

Sheena,
You are so awesome! You will rock this thing and the memories will be amazing. I must agree with the ? family friendly? hmmm... I don't know it'll be interesting Can't wait to read the report!. Do they have ice packs or clay freezer packs for the vjayjays? Sounds painfull:(I suggest NOT going to the extreme) for this one though. ;) Have a blast you'll be in our prayers and thoughts.

Michelle and Jay

Steve said...

I still remember the spin classes with all you talking about STP and now it is here. YOu are going to do awesome. You have been focused since the beginning even with everyone falling behind. I hope the race goes great.

Michael W. Bergquist said...

I like number 2 and 10. I'm thinking 204 isn't family friendly. It sounds pretty tough to me. Hope you have/had a good time. Thanks for the entertaining post.