Monday, April 28, 2008

A weekend of 50's

This weekend was the first of many back-to-back 50+ mile training rides. Today is Monday and if you were to ask me now, I’d say you couldn’t pay me enough to get on my bike. I’m hoping my views change by this weekend when we have to put in 60 miles both days. Here’s what I’m predicting afterwards though…




LILAC (HALF) CENTURY

I enjoyed the course for the most part and thought it was a beautiful route. Curious cows, a llama that closely resembled a panda bear and a few bored teenagers who found mocking us riders entertaining, kept my mind occupied. My friend Michelle caught up to me at mile 15. I’m ok with this because she’s a freakin’ animal. About ½ mile later, my IPOD died. Sweet. 2 miles later, my friend Scott caught up to me. This I was NOT ok since the guy hasn’t been on his bike in oh, 2 years? No worries. At least I had someone to greet me when I finished. But where was Mr. Michael #690 who owed me a hill? What a nice guy he was!

It was awesome to see everyone’s happy faces at the end. Tia, Vicki, Martin, Kirk, Tim, Stan, Ali, Kathi, Tasha, Dave, Matt, Kevin, Matt C., Jessi, Daryce, Michael and soon-to-be member, Megan. (hope I didn't forget anyone!)
TRI-FUSION ROCKS!!!

4 comments:

Michael W. Bergquist said...

Way to go with those back-to-back rides. After Sunday, I don't want to do back to back anything. I love that picture of the kitten. It's great. Amanda says hello. Swimming on May 1st? The water is 52 degrees.

jessithompson said...

You are a rock star!!! Way to go, girl!!!

Tiffany said...

Woman! You are a biking machine! Way to go! And 60 miles BOTH days next weekend??? You are amazing! Nice job!

Steve said...

Great job on the ride. That is definitely hard core. You are on your way to conquering STP!